Oscar Saenz III
SUMMARY: • President / Owner, OS3 Studios (Stone Works. Metal, Foundry) 2009-Present
• Lifetime Member, National Catholic Honor Society
• Staff Assistant Museo Alameda, (Smithsonian Affiliate) Exhibitions 2011-12
• President of the UIW Visual Arts Society 2009-10
• Staff Assistant (University of the Incarnate Word) 2010-11
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BFA in Art.2011
• Nominated for the Amy Freeman Lee Scholastic Achievement and Service Recognition Award. 2012
• Nominated for the Kappa Gamma Pi Saint Catherine Medal. 2012
• Deans Merit Scholarship Recipient. 2009-12
• Redstone Arsenal Soldier of the Year US Army. 2001
• AAMCOM Soldier of the Year US Army. 1999
EDUCATION: Post Baccalaureate, Art History (In Progress) 3.5
Academia Di Arte, International Study, Florence, Italy (2015)
Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas (2014-Present)
University of Texas, San Antonio, Texas (2013)
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Dec 2011
University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, Texas
Painting / Sculpture / minor Art History
Graduated Magna cum Laude with a GPA of 3.76
Associates in Arts, Sept 2001
Pikes Peak Community College, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Graduated Deans List with a GPA of 3.8
Contributed on numerous public Art Projects to include: The Brisco Museum, Ft. Sam Houston, Texas A&M, UTSA, and University of Notre Dame, Dr. Linda Mora Elementary School.
Original Work and tours available on request
Intern, October 2011 to March 2012
Museo Alameda (Smithsonian Affiliate) San Antonio, Texas
• Served as acting Assistant for the Business, Exhibitions, and Accounting
• Developed methodology for member activity for the Museum including demographics information.
• Efficiently developed information guides, brochures, information for public use..
Staff Assistant, University of the Incarnate Word, Dec 2010 to Dec 2011
• Researched and presented information for lectures.
• Updated and created new entries for documentation and cataloguing projects.
• Worked with and supervised students for the Staff in the department.
President of the UIW Visual Arts Society, Dec 2009 to April 2010
• Effectively developed and implemented strategies for fundraising.
• Set tasks and deadlines for Visual Art Society staff and its members.